pink feathers dangle
the bogeyman dare not show
sweet dreams are certain
Dream catchers were originally made by American Indians decorated with feathers and beads, believed to give its owner good dreams. Today, many dangle from car rear view mirrors.
Categories: Life, Photography, Photos, Poetry
Tags: 3 line poem, american indians, beads, catcher, dream, dreams, feathers, good luck, haiku, micropoetry, photography, sleep
- Laugh, even when you feel too sick or too worn out or tired.
- Smile, even when you’re trying not to cry and the tears are blurring your vision.
- Sing, even when people stare at you and tell you your voice is crappy.
- Trust, even when your heart begs you not to.
- Twirl, even when your mind makes no sense of what you see.
- Frolick, even when you are made fun of.
- Kiss, even when others are watching.
- Sleep, even when you’re afraid of what the dreams might bring.
- Run, even when it feels like you can’t run any more.
And, always, remember, even when the memories pinch your heart. Because the pain of all your experience is what makes you the person you are now.
And without your experience—you are an empty page, a blank notebook, a missing lyric.
What makes you brave is your willingness to live through your terrible life and hold your head up high the next day.
So don’t live life in fear. Because you are stronger now, after all the crap has happened, than you ever were back before it started. ― Alysha Speer
Categories: Life, People, Quotes
Tags: afraid, brave, cry, frolick, heart, hope, inspiration, kiss, laugh, life, quote, remember, run, sing, sleep, smile, trust, twirl